NETGEAR appears in browser websites which you try to open when your computer or device is connected to an extender. It helps to expand your home WI-FI.
It can be done with the connection of an existing network and allowing some changes in an existing network by adding more coverage. These networks are generally compatible their compatibility is with all the routers available in the market.
While selecting the NETGEAR EXTENDERS some points should be kept in mind. These points are-
- WI-FI extender band- WI-FI extenders operate on 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band. It solely depends on your WI-FI router which band prefers by it. The performance of the extender also affects the band’s chooses.
- Make sure to purchase the version according to your needs and also check on the technology.
- To ensure the compatibility level of the extender with the different routers available in the market.
Location of range extender- the extender must be kept between the router and the computer, but it is not compulsory to put the extender on that place. It depends on you where you want to put it. But make sure the location of the extender is within the WI-FI range.
TROUBLESHOOTING NETGEAR EXTENDER
When you try to access the extender but unable to connects with the extender then you need to find the reason behind it. There are several reasons for no connectivity such as not within the range of the router, problem in connectivity, power connection problems, etc.
TROUBLESHOOTING NETWORK EXTENDER
NETWORK EXTENDER TROUBLESHOOTING helps to expand the network. Also, it helps to add new areas that are not achieved in the router. This extender is kept between the device and the router. So it is very beneficial for us. These points must be kept in mind in case the problem is in between the router and extender s connectivity.
- Put your extender in the same room where the router is placed. Prefer to put the extender between the computer and router because it is its ideal location.
- NETGEAR extender must be connected with a compatible power connection. It is main the requirement of connectivity. If the extender receive the enough power for functioning its light button on at that point.
- In your browser s address bar you can add the IP address of your extender for the connectivity. When you add the IP address it helps to find the connection between device and extender.
- If your connectivity is still not done try to close all the options and reset the browser in which you try to connect the extender.
- You can try a different browser as well for the connectivity in case the problem is in a particular browser. You can go to other options available.
TROUBLESHOOT GENIE- this function required after the installation.
- Perform a power cycle in which a network is rebooted by the router and the extender resulting in a wide coverage of the network
- Reconnect to the NETGEAR EXTENDER
- Open the web browser and run the network extender
- Reset the extender to the default settings
- Connect your device and router with the default network
- After the installation, try to browse.
Specific extender models:-
• EX2700 – N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender
• EX3110 – AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
• EX3700 – AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
• EX3920 – AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extenders (Two EX3700s Kit)
• EX3800 – AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
In nowadays network extenders are required not only for a residual purpose but for business purposes as well. Try to search for selecting the extender. Focus on all the different options available and select the option which matches your needs.